RAF Ruislip [entry point]
RAF Ruislip (also known as RAF West Ruislip) was located in Ickenham in the north London Borough of Hillingdon.
The site was originally acquired in 1917 for a depot for the Royal Flying Corps. Under the control of RAF Maintenance Command the depot was used during World War Two for provision and maintenance of engines for the Battles of the Advanced Air Striking Force in France. Ammunition, radio and radar equipment were also handled at the depot. The RAF Records Office was part of the site. Post war the site was used by the United States Navy and provided logistical support for the United States Air Force administration centre in RAF South Ruislip, close to RAF Northolt.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.