RAF Port Ellen [entry point]
The station was opened in Coastal Command in 1940 and was used from August to October 1940 by Hudsons. Fleet Air Arm Martlets also used the station from October to December 1943. The station was home to a ferry training unit from December 1942 to January 1944.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.