RAF Riccall [concept]

Title

RAF Riccall [concept]

Description

RAF Riccall was in Yorkshire three miles north east from Selby. Construction began in 1941 and it opened in September 1942 with concrete runways. 76 and 78 Conversion Flights arrived that month and combined in October to form 1658 Heavy Conversion Unit this flew from the station until April 1945 when Riccall transferred to Transport Command. After the war the airfield was used for storage until 1957 when it closed.
Aircraft flown included: Halifax.
Wartime losses: 116

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Terry Hancock

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“RAF Riccall [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed March 20, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6464.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?