RAF Melbourne [concept]
RAF Melbourne was first used in 1940 as a relief airfield for the Whitleys of 10 Squadron in 4 Group. Construction of a permanent station began in 1941 and it re-opened in August 1942 when 10 Squadron returned, by then flying Halifaxes. 10 Squadron stayed at the station until the end of the war. The FIDO fog dispersal system was installed in January 1944.
This item has no relations.