428 Squadron [entry point]

Title

428 Squadron [entry point]
RCAF 428 (Ghost) Squadron [entry point]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

428 Squadron was a Canadian squadron formed in November 1942 at RAF Dalton as part of 4 Group equipped with Wellingtons. It transferred to the Canadian 6 Group in January 1943 and moved to RAF Middleton St George in June 1943 where it converted to Halifaxes.  The squadron converted to Canadian-built Lancasters in June 1944 which it operated until the end of the war when it returned to Canada in May 1945.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“428 Squadron [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed December 7, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6345.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.