109 Squadron [entry point]
109 Squadron was reformed in December 1940 at RAF Boscombe Down. Using Whitleys, Ansons and Wellingtons it developed radio counter-measures and also the Oboe blind bombing system. From January 1942 to April 1942 it was based at RAF Tempsford before moving to RAF Stradishall until August 1942. The squadron then moved to RAF Wyton as one of the original Pathfinder squadrons and converted to Mosquitos and, for two months only, Lancasters. It led the first Oboe marker operation for main force bombers in December 1942 and became one of two Oboe marker squadrons in 8 Group. From July 1943 to April 1944 it was based at RAF Marham and subsequently at RAF Little Staughton until the end of the war.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.