RAF Twinwood Farm [entry point]
It was opened in 1941 and used by 51 Operational Training Unit training night-fighter aircrew with Beauforts, Blenheims, Beaufighters, Havocs and Mosquitos. During 1943 P-51 equipped fighter squadrons also used the station. In 1944 the station transferred to the Eighth United States Army Air Force.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.