RAF Wattisham [entry point]
RAF Wattisham was a Bomber Command station located in Suffolk 7 miles (12 kms) north-west of Ipswich.
It opened in April 1939 in 2 Group. At the start of the war it was home to 107 Squadron and 110 Squadron, both with Blenheims. The Blenheims of 114 Squadron also arrived for a brief spell from May to June 1940. 107 Squadron left in March 1941 and it was replaced in May by 226 Squadron also with Blenheims. 18 Squadron Blenheims replaced 226 Squadron in December 1941 and 110 Squadron left in March 1942. From February to July 1942 Coastal Command Beaufighters shared the station with 18 Squadron which themselves moved out in August 1942. The United States Army Air Force used the station for the remainder of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.