RAF Attlebridge [entry point]
It opened in August 1941 as part of 2 Group and used by 88 Squadron initially flying Blenheims but converting to Bostons in October 1941. The station was temporarily used by the United States Army Air Force from September to November 1942 with B-26s. The station was then upgraded and re-opened in March 1943 returned to 2 Group with 320 Squadron which was converting from Hudsons to B-25s. By the time it became operational the squadron had transferred to the Second Tactical Air Force and moved out. At the end of 1943 the station was transferred back to the United States Army Air Force for the remainder of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.