434 Squadron [entry point]

Title

434 Squadron [entry point]
RCAF 434 (Bluenose) Squadron [entry point]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

434 Squadron was a Canadian squadron formed in June 1943 at RAF Tholthorpe. Flying Halifaxes the squadron was part of the Canadian 6 Group. The squadron moved to RAF Croft in December 1943 and in December 1944 it converted to Canadian-built Lancasters. 434 Squadron returned to Canada in June 1945.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Contributor

Citation

“434 Squadron [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed October 4, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6350.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.