431 Squadron [concept]

Title

431 Squadron [concept]
RCAF 431 (Iroquois) Squadron [concept]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

431 Squadron a Canadian squadron formed in November 1942 as part of 4 Group but transferred to the Canadian 6 Group before it became operational. It was originally based at RAF Burn and equipped with Wellingtons. In July 1943 it converted to Halifaxes and moved to RAF Tholthorpe. Its final station was RAF Croft from December 1943 to the end of the war. Its Halifaxes were superseded in October 1944 by Canadian-built Lancasters. The squadron returned to Canada in June 1945.

Refinements (show definitions):
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“431 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed January 21, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6347.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.