170 Squadron [entry point]
170 Squadron was originally formed in June 1942 as an Army co-operation squadron flying P-51s but was disbanded in January 1944. In October 1944 it was reformed with Lancasters in 1 Group Bomber Command at RAF Kelstern but almost immediately moved to RAF Dunholme Lodge. In December 1944 it moved again to RAF Hemswell. 170 Squadron took part in Operation Manna, dropping food to the Dutch, and Operation Exodus, repatriating ex-prisoners of war, before disbanding in November 1945.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.