RAF Witchford [entry point]
It opened in June 1943 as part of 3 Group. 196 Squadron arrived in July 1943 with Wellingtons but immediately converted to Stirlings. In November 1943 196 Squadron was replaced by 115 Squadron equipped with Lancasters. 195 Squadron, with Lancasters, formed at the station in October 1944 but then moved out leaving 115 Squadron operating from RAF Witchford until the end of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.