RAF Gransden Lodge [entry point]
It opened in April 1942 as part of 3 Group and the first occupants were 1418 and 1474 Flights with Wellingtons. 192 Squadron was formed in January 1943. The station transferred to 8 Group in April 1943 and 405 Squadron moved in with Halifaxes but converted to Lancasters in August 1943. A detachment of Lancasters from 97 Squadron also used the station. 142 Squadron with Mosquitos formed at RAF Gransden Lodge in October 1943 as part of 8 Group’s Light Night Striking Force.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.