RAF Inverness [entry point]
Originally a 1930s civilian airport RAF Inverness officially opened in 1941 as part of Fighter Command. It was used by signals calibration units as well as army and anti-aircraft co-operation units. Aircraft flown at the station included Lysanders, Oxfords, Ansons and Dominies.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.