RAF Saltby [entry point]
It opened in August 1942 and was used until August 1943 by 14 Operational Training Unit with Wellingtons. Following closure for construction of new runways the station re-opened in February 1944 for use by the United States Army Air Force until March 1945. The station returned to RAF Bomber Command control and used by 1665 Heavy Conversion Unit with Halifaxes and Stirlings until August 1945.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.