RAF Silloth [entry point]
The station opened in June 1939 and in November 1939 it came under the control of Coastal Command for the rest of the war. It was initially used by 1 (Coastal) Operational Training Unit (OTU) equipped with Ansons, Bothas, Blenheims and Beauforts. From October 1941 to April 1942 the station was also home to the Hudsons of 320 Squadron. 1 OTU was replaced at the station in March 1943 by 6 (Coastal) OTU equipped with Wellingtons. A Czech training unit also used the station in 1943 for converting to B-24s.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.