RAF Bodney [entry point]
The station opened in 1940 as a satellite to RAF Watton in 2 Group. It was initially used by the Blenheims of 21 Squadron and 82 Squadron. 21 Squadron had spells away from the station which was then briefly used by 105 Squadron with Blenheims and 90 Squadron with B-17s. 21 Squadron returned in March 1942 and started to convert to Venturas but moved away before becoming operational with the type. In May 1943 the station was transferred to the United States Army Air Force until the end of the war.
Artwork TextItem type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.