171 Squadron [entry point]
171 Squadron was formed at RAF Gatwick in June 1942 in an Army co-operation role equipped with P-40s and P-51s. It was disbanded in December 1942. The squadron reformed in September 1944 at RAF North Creake in 100 Group Bomber Command in a radio countermeasures role. Initially equipped with Stirlings it converted to Halifaxes in October 1944.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.