RAF Woodbridge [entry point]
It opened in November 1943 and was one of three emergency landing stations, designed to be used by damaged returning aircraft, many of which were from Bomber Command. It was equipped with the FIDO fog dispersal system and its single runway was was almost one and three-quarter miles long (2.7 km) and 250 yards (230 m) wide. Over 4,000 damaged aircraft landed at Woodbridge during the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.