RAF Grimsby [entry point]
Originally a 1930s small grass civil airfield known as Waltham the site was constructed as RAF Grimsby as part of 1 Group and opened in summer 1941.In November 1941 142 Squadron moved in with Wellingtons staying until December 1942 when they were replaced by 100 Squadron with Lancasters. 550 Squadron formed at the station with Lancasters in November 1943 but moved out two months later. 100 Squadron operated from RAF Grimsby until April 1945.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.