RAF Bridgnorth [entry point]
It opened in November 1939 as a non-flying station and was used to carry out basic recruit training. It became the Woman’s Auxiliary Air Force basic training unit in August 1941. In September 1942 an elementary air navigation school was established, training of all aircrew other than pilots. The station closed in 1963.
Artwork TextItem type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.