RAF Binbrook [entry point]
RAF Binbrook was a Bomber Command station located in Lincolnshire, 9 miles (15 kms) north-east of Market Rasen.
It opened in June 1940 as part of 1 Group and was used by 12 Squadron and 142 Squadron, both initially with Battles but converting to Wellingtons in November 1940. The station was closed in September 1942 for the construction of concrete runways. 460 Squadron moved in with Lancasters in the spring of 1943 and were the sole occupants until the end of the war.
Artwork TextItem type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.