166 Squadron [entry point]
In September 1939, 166 Squadron was equipped with Whitleys at RAF Abingdon and used as a training squadron before merging with other units in 1940 to become 10 Operational Training Unit. In January 1943, 166 Squadron was reformed at RAF Kirmington in 1 Group equipped with Wellingtons. It converted to Lancasters in September 1943. At the end of the war the squadron took part in Operation Manna, dropping food to the Dutch.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.