RAF Abingdon [concept]
It opened in 1932 and by the beginning of the war it was occupied by 97 Squadron and 166 Squadron both using Whitleys to train bomber aircrews. In April 1940 the two squadrons merged to form 10 Operational Training Unit which remained at RAF Abingdon throughout the war. In 1944 concrete runways were laid and the Whitleys were replaced with Wellingtons.
This item has no relations.