37 Squadron [concept]

Title

37 Squadron [concept]

Description

37 Squadron was reformed in 1937 as a heavy bomber squadron equipped with the Harrow. In 1939 it converted to the Wellington as part of 3 Group. In November 1940 the squadron was transferred to Egypt. Throughout 1943 the squadron took part in the Allied advance, moving to Libya in February, Tunisia in May and Italy in December.

It was stationed at: RAF Feltwell.
Aircraft flown included: Wellington and B-24.
Wartime losses: 68

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Clare Bennett
Julian Maslin

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“37 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed March 21, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6259.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?