RAF Feltwell [entry point]
It opened in April 1937 as part of 3 Group. In September 1939 37 Squadron occupied the station flying Wellingtons. By November 1940 the station was occupied by 75 Squadron and 57 Squadron also flying Wellingtons. In August 1942 the station was transferred to 2 Group with Venturas of 464 Squadron and 487 Squadron but by April 1943 it was back in 3 Group. It was used by the Bombing Development Unit and 192 Squadron with a mix of Wellingtons, Mosquitos and Halifaxes whose role was intercepting Luftwaffe radio transmissions. Lancasters from 3 Lancaster Finishing School later used the site.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.