Messerschmitt Bf 109G and Bf 109E

PThomasAF20080004.jpg

Title

Messerschmitt Bf 109G and Bf 109E

Description

Photo 1 is a port side view of a Bf 109G on the ground.
Photo 2 is a port side view of a Bf 109E on the ground.

Language

Type

Format

Two b/w photographs on an album page

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Identifier

PThomasAF20080004

Transcription

[Photograph]

Messerschmitt Bf 109G.
The Bf 109G entered service in the summer of 1942, first with German fighter units based in North-West Europe, & then with groups serving in all other German theatres as it became the most widely produced 109 variant. The mark remained in use up to the end of the Second World War. 23500 were produced by five manufacturers. Used by the following air forces as well as the German, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Slovakia & Switzerland.

[Photograph]

Messerschmitt 109 Bf E.
Powered by a Daimler-Benz DB 601 B engine.

Tags

Citation

“Messerschmitt Bf 109G and Bf 109E,” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed December 4, 2021, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/23270.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.