RAF Dumfries [entry point]
The station opened in June 1940 and used by Training Command with 10 Bombing and Gunnery School taking up residence. Using Harrows and Battles the school trained bomb aimers and air gunners. In September 1940 the school was renamed 10 Air Observer School and started to train navigators as well in Whitleys and Bothas. The final name change was in September 1942 when the school became 10 (Observer) Advanced Flying Unit with Ansons replacing the Bothas.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.