RAF Kemble [entry point]
The station opened in 1938. During the war it was used by 5 Maintenance Unit and the Overseas Aircraft Delivery Flight. RAF Kemble was the headquarters of the RAF Service Ferry Pools co-ordinating with the Air Transport Auxiliary. Gloster Aircraft had a production unit at the station making Typhoons. During late 1944 the United States Army Air Force used C-47s at the station to support allied troops in Europe. From 1967 to 1983 RAF Kemble was the home of the Red Arrows and it is now Cotswold Airport.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.