RAF Mona [entry point]
The station was originally used for airships for the Royal Naval Air Service during World War One. It was re-opened by the RAF in 1942 and used for training for the rest of the war. 3 Air Gunnery School were the initial occupants with Bothas, Battles and Martinets which were subsequently replaced by Ansons. The station was later also used by 5 Pilots Advanced Flying Unit with Masters and by 8 Observers Advanced Flying Unit with Ansons. The station is still a relief landing ground for RAF Valley.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.