576 Squadron [entry point]
576 Squadron was formed as part of 1 Group Bomber Command in November 1943 at RAF Elsham Wolds from the ‘C’ Flight of 103 Squadron. It moved to RAF Fiskerton in October 1944. At the end of the war the squadron participated in Operation Manna, dropping food supplies to the Dutch as well as Operation Exodus, repatriating ex-prisoners of war.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.