514 Squadron [entry point]
514 Squadron was formed as part of 3 Group in September 1943 at RAF Foulsham equipped with the radial engined Lancaster Mk 2. The squadron became operational in early November 1943 just before moving to RAF Waterbeach where it stayed until the end of the war. During 1944 the squadron gradually re-equipped with Merlin engined Lancasters and used the Gee-H blind bombing system. In April and May 1945 the squadron took part in Operation Manna, dropping food to the Dutch, as well as Operation Exodus to repatriate ex-prisoners of war.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.