186 Squadron [entry point]
186 Squadron was formed in 1943 initially as an Army support squadron but then as a fighter-bomber squadron flying Hurricanes, Typhoons and Spitfires until being renumbered as 130 Squadron in April 1944. 186 Squadron was reformed in October 1944 as a heavy bomber squadron with Lancasters in 3 Group at RAF Tuddenham. In December 1944 the squadron moved to RAF Stradishall. The squadron took part in Operation Manna, dropping food to the Dutch, and Operation Exodus, repatriating ex-prisoners of war before disbanding in July 1945.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.