RAF Shawbury [entry point]
It was originally used in 1917 by the Royal Flying Corps but re-opened in 1938 in a training role. It became home to 11 (Pilot) Advanced Flying Unit which was replaced at the station in January 1944 by the Central Navigation School. RAF Shawbury is still in use as a training station.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.