RAF Graveley [entry point]
It opened in March 1942 as part of 3 Group. 161 Squadron operated its special duty flights from the station for two months with Lysanders and Wellingtons. In August 1942 the station transferred to the new Pathfinder force and 35 Squadron arrived with Halifaxes, converting to Lancasters in March 1944. In January 1944 35 Squadron was joined at RAF Graveley by 692 Squadron with Mosquitos, which became part of the 8 Group Light Night Striking Force.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.