RAF Abu Sueir [entry point]
RAF Abu Sueir was an RAF station located 72 miles (116 kms) north-east of Cairo in Egypt.
Opening in 1917 the station was originally used for training until 1939. During the second half of 1942 it was used by the Wellingtons of 37 Squadron and 40 Squadron during the North Africa campaign. From November 1942 to February 1943 the United States Army Air Force used the station with B-24 Liberators. The RAF returned and 73 Operational Training Unit occupied the site from February to June 1943 followed in July 1943 by 1675 Heavy Conversion Unit with B-24 Liberators, staying until disbanded in October 1945.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.