RAF Banff [entry point]
It opened in April 1943 and used by 14 (Pilots) Advanced Flying Unit of Training Command with Oxfords. Three Beam Approach Flights also used Oxfords at the station during this period. In August 1944 the station transferred to Coastal Command and was home to the Banff Strike Wing of Beaufighters and Mosquitos until the end of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.