RAF Coltishall [entry point]
The station opened in 1940 in Fighter Command. It was used as a day fighter station with Hurricanes, Spitfires and P-51s. RAF Coltishall was also used by Beaufighter night-fighters as well as by Fleet Air Arm units. From 1940 to 1945 the station was used by more than 80 fighter squadrons.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.