RAF Cranage [entry point]
The station opened in October 1940 and was used by 2 School of Air Navigation using Ansons. It 1942 the unit was renamed Central Navigation School and by 1944 it was using Ansons and Wellingtons. 96 Hurricane night-fighter squadron also used the station defending the Liverpool area. A Vickers-Armstrong factory adjacent to the station assembled Wellingtons and used the station for test flying them.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.