RAF Newton [entry point]
It opened in June 1940 as part of 1 Group. 103 Squadron and 150 Squadron both moved in with Battles and both squadrons converted to Wellingtons in October 1940. The two squadrons departed the station in July 1941 after which RAF Newton became a training station. 16 (Polish) Service Flying Training School took up residence from July 1941 to December 1946 to provide training for Polish airmen serving in the RAF. 2 Flying Instructors School also used the station 1943–1944.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.