RAF Little Snoring [entry point]
RAF Little Snoring was a Bomber Command station located in Norfolk, 3 miles (5 kms) north-east of Fakenham.
It opened in July 1943 in 2 Group as a satellite station for RAF Foulsham. However a month later it transferred to 3 Group as a full station. The first occupants were 115 Squadron and 1678 Heavy Conversion Unit, both with the radial-engined Lancaster Mk 2s. In November 1943 the station transferred to 100 Group. 169 Squadron arrived with Mosquitos and 515 Squadron arrived with Beaufighters but converted to Mosquitos. Both squadrons operated in a night fighter and intruder role supporting Bomber Command attacks. 23 Squadron with Mosquitos replaced 169 Squadron in June 1944 and operated alongside 515 Squadron until the end of the war. The site is still used for light civil flying.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.