RAF Shallufa [entry point]
RAF Shallufa was an RAF station located in Egypt, immediately north of the town of Suez.
RAF Shallufa was the most southerly of the RAF stations in Egypt. It was used by Wellingtons of the RAF Middle East and Mediterranean campaign, including 37 Squadron which was posted to the station in December 1941. 162 Squadron, 38 Squadron and 458 Squadron, all with Wellingtons also used the station. Post war the station was used by Vampires and Meteors as well as detachments of Lancasters and Lincolns.
Artwork Text Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.