RAF Catterick [entry point]
It was originally used by the Royal Flying Corps in 1915. The station was redeveloped during the 1920s and 1930s. During the first three years of World War Two the station was a frontline Fighter Command station, mainly with Spitfire squadrons. From 1943 onwards it was used by Fighter Command reserve units. In 1994 the station was transferred to the Army.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.