RAF Cosford [entry point]
It opened in 1938 as a training station, a role which it continues to provide. 2 School of Technical training opened in 1938 and during the war trained 70,000 engine fitters, airframe fitters, flight mechanics and armourers. In 1940 an RAF hospital was opened on the site and, by 1945, had treated 42,000 patients. By 1948 13,000 returning ex-prisoners of war were processed through the site. Part of the site is now occupied by the RAF Museum.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.