RAF Fairford [entry point]
The station was built in 1944 for use by British and American troop carriers and gliders for the Normandy Campaign and later airborne operations. Subsequently the station has been used by the United States Air Force and is the venue for the annual Royal International Air Tattoo.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.