Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: 37 Squadron

PBanksP15010142.jpg
Top air-to-air view of two Wellingtons in silhouette one below the other flying right to left. Clouds below.

Middle an air-to-air view of a Wellington D-LF N2992 showing ventral dustbin turret, with open countryside below.

Bottom an air-to-air…

RAF Feltwell is in Norfolk, ten miles west of Thetford. It opened in April 1937 and was operated by 3 Group Bomber Command with Harrows of 214 and 37 Squadrons. They converted to Wellingtons in May 1939. By November 1940 the station was occupied by…

RAF Methwold was in Nofolk, 10 miles north-west of Brandon. It opened with grass runways in 1939 as a satellite airfield for RAF Feltwell, just to the south. The runways were concreted in 1943 and it reopened in May 1944. Flying ceased in 1946 and…

37 Squadron was reformed in 1937 as a heavy bomber squadron equipped with the Harrow. In 1939 it converted to the Wellington as part of 3 Group. In November 1940 the squadron was transferred to Egypt. Throughout 1943 the squadron took part in the…

LGodfreyCR1281391v10001.pdf
Observer's and air gunner's flying log book for Pilot Officer Godfrey from 3 of February 1941 to 25 of September 1945 detailing training schedule, instructional duties and operations flown. Aircraft flown were Dominie, Proctor, Wellington, Hampden,…

MHarrisonR[Ser#-DoB]-151208-06.jpg
Photograph 1 is a vertical image of bombs dropping from one B-24 onto a second.
Photograph 2 is the damaged B-24 on the ground showing the damage. Two crew are looking through the damaged areas.
The caption describes in some detail the events. The…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2