RAF Nutts Corner [entry point]
It began life as a civil airfield in the 1930s. During the war it was taken over by RAF Coastal Command and hard runways were built. B-24s and B-17s were resident at the station from June 1941 and February 1942 respectively until the summer of 1942. From 1943 the station was used for the ferrying of American aircraft arriving into the UK.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.