RAF St Mawgan [entry point]
The site opened as a civilian airfield in 1933 but was requisitioned in 1941 for Ferry Command and called RAF Trebelzue. During 1942-43 the station was rebuilt and renamed RAF St Mawgan. From June 1943 the station was used by the United States Army Air Force for ferrying aircraft from the USA although RAF Ferry Command continued to use the station. The runway is now Newquay Airport but the RAF still occupies part of the original station.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.